Management Consultant - Singapore
- Application of consulting skills: Supervising and supports the structuring and on-time delivery of the overall project issues, analyses and deliverables; synthesising and preparing storylines and cogent documents with minimal supervision; leading project teams across the full range of topics within, one of the functional practices
- Leadership of projects: Structuring the project plan; ensuring full consistency with organisation's methodologies, communication standards and best practices; tracking progress of the team against the work plan; Ensuring the quality of project deliverables; balancing the competing demands on the team
- Business development: participating in client development efforts, and in particular around engaging clients on business issues and collaborating on the writing of proposals; developing points of view on issues facing the energy industry.
- People Development: Eliciting maximum team performance potential from the team through feedback, coaching and creating opportunities for team members to grow; providing regular feedback to team members highlighting strengths and development needs; motivating team performance
While experience in oil & gas (or energy in general) is preferred, such work history is not always a requirement. However, it is expected that the candidate will have a strong and demonstrable interest in the energy space. A manager should come with a proven consulting background, ideally from a top tier general management consultancy.
In addition, the manager will be expected to demonstrate the following consulting skills:
- Problem solving leadership : Fully-developed suite of management consulting problem-solving skills
- Board / CEO level communication skills, both written and oral in English
- Deepening knowledge of the Energy Industry and E&P issues, processes or technologies
- Well-developed business judgement, including understanding of client organisations and dynamics
- People management skills and ability to lead working teams, develop team members and balance between competing agendas and tradeoffs
- Client leadership and influencing skills, able to mobilise client organisations to action
- Impact mindset, taking top management perspective
A university degree in Business or Engineering is required and candidates typically also have an MA, MSc, MBA or PhD degree.
5 to 8 years of business consulting in an international firm, or equivalent experience in the industry is preferred (but not required) as is 3 to 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas, preferably in E&P, in Consulting or in the some other part of the energy industry.