Senior Engineer - BigData (USA)
Job Title: Sr. Engineer
Experience: 7+ years of experience in the implementation role of high end software products in telecom/ financials/ healthcare/ hospitality domain.
Education: Engineering Graduate, MCA, Masters/Post Graduates (preferably IT/ CS)
Desired Candidate must be a US Citizen or an existing H1 Holder
Role would require a person willing to do extensive travelling
- Very strong server-side Java experience, especially in an open source, data-intensive, distributed environments.
- Should have worked on open source products and contribution towards it would be an added advantage.
- Implemented and in-depth knowledge of various java, J2EE and EAI patterns.
- Implemented complex projects dealing with the considerable data size (GB/ PB) and with high complexity
- Well aware of various Architectural concepts (Multi-tenancy, SOA, SCA etc) and NFR’s (performance, scalability, monitoring etc)
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structure, and performance optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of database principles, SQL, and experience working with large databases beyond just data access.
- Exposure to complete SDLC and PDLC.
- Capable of working as an individual contributor and within team too.
- Self-starter & resourceful personality with ability to manage pressure situations
- Should have experience/ knowledge on working with batch processing/ Real time systems using various Open source technologies lik Solr, hadoop, NoSQL DB’s, Storm, kafka etc.
Role & Responsibilities
- Implementation of various solutions arising out of the large data processing (GB’s/ PB’s) over various NoSQL, Hadoop and MPP based products
- Active participation in the various Architecture and design calls with bigdata customers.
- Working with Sr. Architects and providing implementation details to offshore.
- Conducting sessions/ writing whitepapers/ Case Studies pertaining to BigData
- Responsible for Timely and quality deliveries.
- Fulfill organization responsibilities – Sharing knowledge and experience within the other groups in the org., conducting various technical sessions and trainings