Technical Writer - Gurgaon
Job Title - Technical Writer
Function - Technology
Work Experience - 3-6 yrs.
Reporting - Architect
- Work closely with the Development, Design and Product teams to understand the new and existing product features to deliver effective user-facing messages and communication.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to timelines and quality parameters.
- Review, edit, and finalize documents written by other writers.
- Ability to identify and track content metrics, and create a plan based on the insights to improve the effectiveness and quality of communication or existing content.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Excellent written English skills. Excellent technical writing skills and the ability to peer-review technical documents for grammatical correctness, and content quality and effectiveness.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of structured writing principles.
- Knowledge of XML authoring, RohoHelp , DITA and graphic tools.
- Knowledge of graphic tools such as SnagIT and CorelDraw.
- Knowledge of basic UNIX and scripting is preferred.
- Good understanding of the SDLC and DDLC
- Good understanding of single-sourcing and content management systems.
- Experience documenting software products (watch demo and develop documentation independently)
- Experience with cross-site collaboration for content development is preferred
- Excellent team player; strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal customers and peers.
Education - B.Tech/B.E./MCA - Any Specialization with related experience in data networking, engineering, communications, information technology, education, and technical writing