VP- Engineering - Gurgaon
Job Title – VP- Engineering
Work Experience- 7 + yrs
Looking for VP Engineering, who will be reporting directly to the CTO and working closely with other functional leaders in the company. The VP will responsible for all product related development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance as well hands on management for all product development within the company
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of 20+ engineers
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Define standards & best practices to support agile development processes
- Plan, track and estimate product development activities.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements as per the product and/or marketing requirements document.
- Ensure that the product is fully and correctly defined and documented.
- Grow the internal information technology development organization; manage and recruit a multidisciplinary high-performance technology team
- Ensure implementation of formal processes to support the product development process.
- Passionate about automated testing: Manage / drive testing - unit tests, system tests, regression
- Act as a primary Interface with senior management and operations team
Skills & Experience:
- Total industry experience of 4+ years building scalable and distributed software products and infrastructure.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on development experience on Python/PHP/C/C++/Java and Internet technologies with a track record of solid technical accomplishments.
- At least 5+ years of experience in managing software projects and people (multiple teams of 20 + engineers size)
- Prior experience in fast-paced/agile environments with high quality execution and solid track record of building technology teams/processes and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated management in end to end delivery of large IT projects - from design, estimation, planning / tracking, testing to production support
- “Out of the box thinker” Must be a key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Solid technical fundamentals, ability to convert business requirements into technical design for web based applications
- Good knowledge of SOA Methodology and Governance.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies to meet the changing demands of scalability and usage.
- Minimum Qualifications : Bachelors in Technology
- Masters or higher qualifications
- Experience in the E-commerce/Logistics Industry.
- Prior experience in a startup environment